Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Fireman Wedding




Oh, my. I ADORED working on this wedding, but felt like I needed a full days' worth of sleep after finishing it! :) There were just so many cake, filling and frosting flavors going on, combined with the complexity of the figure modeling - wow! The Bride-to-Be picked out a lovely design by Pink Cake Box and this was my attempt at doing it some kind of justice! The top tier of the wedding cake was fresh strawberry cake with chocolate ganache filling, the middle tier was fresh peach cake with vanilla bean cream cheese filling and the bottom tier was brown sugar cake with key lime curd filling, all covered in fondant with fondant ribbons in tangerine and hot pink. The fire truck grooms cake was chocolate cake with cherry buttercream filling, covered in fondant with all fondant details. I hand formed the bride and groom using a fondant/gum paste mixture and was quite pleased with how well they both turned out! There was also a chocolate sheet cake with vanilla buttercream frosting in reserve, but alas - no picture of that! (I'm fortunate I had my iPhone with me, or there would have been no photo of the cake itself!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment